If you are a working artist looking for a gallery to exhibit your work and wish to join a unique community, Blue Morning Gallery invites you to submit your work for consideration. Applicants are considered and reviewed by the gallery’s jury committee. For more information, contact our Membership Coordinator or ask for a Membership Application available at the gallery.
Honor & Prestige
Membership in Blue Morning Gallery is a privilege and as such, comes with certain expectations and responsibilities. This is a great place to sell your work, but members must never forget that they are the ones expected to keep the gallery running.
Artist Membership Benefits
- Your art will be displayed in a professional setting.
- Your art will be promoted via advertisements and news releases for the gallery.
- You will be able to interact with other artists and the art-buying public.
- Opportunities for additional venues to show your work.
- Artist listing on Blue Morning Gallery’s website and Facebook site.
- Cash, checks and credit cards accepted for sales.
- Blue Morning Gallery takes care of all credit card fees for gallery sales, as well as sales tax reporting to the state of Florida.
- Eligibility to be a Featured Artist.
- You will have a business address and phone number.
Becoming an Artist Member
- Fill out an Artist Membership Application.
- Submit five to ten color photographs of your current work and provide three pieces of original artwork in a media subcategory, ready for gallery display. All work must be original. Identify each photograph with your name, the title, medium, and retail price of the work.
- Applying artists are allowed to jury into as many media and media sub categories as they choose.
- A current resume, three references, and an artist’s statement.
- Submit a $35.00 non-refundable screening fee.
- Following preliminary screening, you will be contacted and given a deadline to submit your work for jurying. If you are successful in the jurying process, you will then be scheduled for an interview with a member of the Gallery’s Board of Directors to explain the responsibilities of membership in Blue Morning Gallery.
Artist Membership Requirements
- If invited to join, the artist will submit a one-time $50 membership processing fee, dues for your first month space rental, and $20 for an annual fee which goes to the funding of a Scholarship in the name of Blue Morning Gallery for a deserving student in the Visual Arts Department at the University of West Florida.
- Monthly space dues of $45 for each space. There is no discount for multiple spaces.
- There will be a 15% commission on sales.
- Manage the Gallery for 3 shifts per month (1 shift = 3.5 hours) for each space you occupy.
- Members are expected to be active in one or more committees as needed.
- Attend bi-monthly member meetings to keep up-to-date on gallery business.
Memberships are available. Interested? Blue Morning Gallery Full Member Application, or pick one up at Blue Morning Gallery, 21 S. Palafox Place, Pensacola, Florida between 10am to 5pm Monday thru Wednesday, 10am to 8:30pm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, or between 12:30pm to 4pm Sunday.